The next news release will be distributed at 4 p.m.
This will be the last release for the Brewster Division
NYSEG MAKING STEADY PROGRESS IN RESTORING POWER
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Clifton Park, NY, June 12, 2008 (11 a.m.) – Local NYSEG crews along with numerous additional crews from across the state have restored power to more than 90% of the 35,000 customers in the company’s Liberty, Mechanicville, Brewster and Plattsburgh operating divisions who were left without power as a result of severe damage from Tuesday’s storms.
NYSEG continues to urge customers to stay far away from downed power lines. Even lines that appear dead can be deadly. NYSEG customers should call 1.800.572.1131 to report downed power lines or other hazardous situations.
Here is the current status of power restoration efforts in the hardest hit areas:
- Brewster Division (All or parts of Dutchess, Putnam and Westchester counties)
- 7,500 customers without power at peak.
- All customers have had their power restored.
- Liberty Division (All or parts of Delaware, Orange, Sullivan and Ulster counties)
- 12,000 customers without power at peak.
- 2,800 customers currently without power.
- Complete restoration expected by 6 p.m. Friday.
- Dry ice available at the White Lake Fire House, 1596 Route 17B, White Lake from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Mechanicville Division (All or parts of Columbia, Rensselaer, Saratoga and Washington counties)
- 10,800 customers without power at peak.
- 280 customers currently without power.
- Complete restoration expected by 6 p.m. today.
- Plattsburgh Division (All or parts of Clinton, Essex, Franklin and Hamilton counties)
- 4,000 customers without power at peak.
- 270 customers currently without power.
- Complete restoration expected Friday afternoon.