NYSEG Again Offering Incentives to Residential Customers Who Install Energy Efficient Natural Gas Equipment
(March 31, 2011) – NYSEG is again offering rebates to its residential natural gas customers who install energy-efficient natural gas equipment on or after April 1, 2011.
“We are pleased to offer this opportunity to our residential customers who replace existing natural gas equipment with more energy efficient equipment,” said Mark S. Lynch, president of NYSEG and RG&E. “Energy efficient equipment yields many benefits: lower energy bills for customers, the environmental benefits of lower energy consumption and increased business for qualified installers.”
Qualifying Equipment and Rebate Amounts
• $115: High-efficiency natural gas furnace (Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency 90% or greater)
• $225: High-efficiency natural gas furnace (Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency 92% or greater) with an electronically-controlled motor
• $340: High-efficiency natural gas furnace (Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency 94% or greater) with an electronically-controlled motor
• $280: Water boiler (Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency 85% or greater)
• $560: Water boiler (Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency 90% or greater)
• $280: Steam boiler (Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency 82% or greater)
• $56: Boiler reset control (Installed by a contractor at the time of a qualifying boiler installation.)
• $170: Indirect water heater (Installed by a contractor at the time of a qualifying boiler installation. An indirect water heater uses the main boiler to heat a fluid that is circulated through a heat exchanger in a water storage tank.)
• Programmable thermostats: $15 (Installed by a contractor at the time of a qualifying furnace or boiler installation. Limit: Two.)
• $340: Duct sealing (Installed by a contractor at the time of a qualifying furnace replacement.)
An online rebate reservation system will be used to ensure program funds are not overextended. All new rebate requests must first be reserved in the rebate reservation system to be valid. No versions of rebate applications other than the online reserved copy will be accepted. More information and the online rebate form are available at http://www.nyseg.com/UsageAndSafety/usingenergywisely/eeps/default.html.
The NYSEG residential natural gas rebate program will automatically close once all available program funding has been accounted for by online rebate reservations. Once funds are exhausted, an online announcement will be posted indicating that the program is closed.
NYSEG’s earlier residential natural gas rebate program was suspended on November 29, 2010 as a result of an overwhelming customer response. The program is re-opening with funding that is available because a substantial number of customers reserved rebates but did not follow through on completing the process under the earlier program.
About NYSEG and Iberdrola USA: NYSEG, a subsidiary of Iberdrola USA, serves 878,000 electricity customers and 261,000 natural gas customers across more than 40% of upstate New York. Iberdrola USA, a subsidiary of global energy leader Iberdrola, S.A., is an energy services and delivery company with more than 2.4 million customers in upstate New York and New England. We are a team of dedicated individuals working as one to deliver value to our customers, employees and shareholders. By providing outstanding customer service and exceptional reliability, while holding safety and the environment in high regard, we aspire to be a world-class energy company. For more information, visit www.nyseg.com and www.iberdrolausa.com.