NYSEG Schedules Public Information Meeting on Proposed Auburn Transmission Project
– NYSEG, a subsidiary of Iberdrola USA, will hold a public information meeting on its proposed Auburn Transmission Project on Wednesday, July 24 from 5 to 8 p.m. at the Jordan Elbridge Community Center, 1 Route 31, Jordan.
Property owners along the proposed route have been notified of the meeting by mail. Those property owners and others who may be interested in the project are encouraged to stop by the meeting at anytime.
On May 31, 2013, NYSEG and National Grid filed a joint application with the New York State Public Service Commission for a Certificate of Environmental Compatibility and Public Need under Article VII of the Public Service Law for the new 115-kilovolt transmission line that will enhance the reliability of service to customers in NYSEG’s Auburn Division.
As proposed, the transmission line would be built along existing rights of way from NYSEG’s State Street Substation in the City of Auburn to National Grid’s Elbridge Substation in the Town of Elbridge, a distance of approximately 14.5 miles.
The application is available for review at
• Elbridge Free Library, 241 East Main Street, Elbridge
• Jordan Bramley Library, 15 Mechanic Street, Jordan
• Port Byron Library, 12 Sponable Drive, Port Byron
• Seymour Library, 167-178 Genesee Street, Auburn
• Weedsport Free Library, 2795 E. Brutus Street, Weedsport
• Department of Public Service, Office of Central Files, 14th Floor, Empire State Plaza, Albany
All filed documents for the project are available at the Public Service Commission website (www.dps.ny.gov). On the home page, click on “Search” and then scroll down to “Search by Case Number.” The case number for the Auburn Transmission Project is 13-T-0235.