NYSEG and RG&E Presenting Sponsors for Fourth Annual Greentopia Festival
– NYSEG and RG&E, subsidiaries of Iberdrola USA, are proud to be presenting sponsors for the 2014 Greentopia Festival, a celebration and exploration of sustainability to promote better living, stronger communities and a healthier planet, Friday, September 12 and Saturday, September 13 in downtown Rochester.
“We’re pleased to present this excellent opportunity for our customers to explore ways to live more sustainable lives,” said Mark S. Lynch, president and CEO of NYSEG and RG&E. “Our support of and participation in this event go hand in hand with our strong commitment to environmental stewardship.”
On Saturday, September 13 from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.:
• NYSEG and RG&E will be giving guided tours of the Browns Race “rack house,” where water enters large pipes and begins its journey down to the hydroelectric generating station on the Genesee River at High Falls. Customers who take the tour can learn more about our 100+ year history of generating clean, renewable hydropower right in downtown Rochester.
• Customers who enroll for NYSEG and RG&E’s eco-friendly e-Bill and AutoPay services will have their names entered in a drawing for a gift card. Those who enroll in both services will have their name entered in the drawing twice.
• The NYSEG/RG&E energy efficiency team will also be on hand with information about rebates available to customers who install eligible high efficiency natural gas equipment and the companies’ refrigerator/freezer recycling program that offers customers a $50 check, long-term energy savings and the peace of mind knowing that old units will be properly recycled.
• RG&E’s Chevy Volt will be on display along with other innovative and environmentally friendly vehicles.