Budget Billing spreads your energy costs evenly over 12 months.
When you sign up, we'll calculate your yearly bill based on last year's electricity and/or natural gas use. We'll divide your yearly bill into 12 equal payments and send you a bill every month.
- Every three months we will review your account and, if necessary, we will adjust your monthly payment according to recent usage and energy prices.
- Each bill you receive will show a Budget Billing Summary, which displays your plan end month, current month’s installment, actual charges since you started your budget year, budget amounts billed thus far and the difference between your actual charges and the budget amount billed.
- At the end of each Budget Billing year, your account will be reviewed once more.
You may have a final “clean-up” payment that is larger than your usual monthly
payment or your final payment may include a credit and be smaller than usual.
- After balancing your account in the 12th month, your account is automatically re-enrolled;
we recalculate your monthly installment and your Budget Billing year starts again.
- You’ll be able to track your payments versus energy use in the Budget Billing Summary we include on your bill each month.
- The best thing about Budget Billing is that you can anticipate your monthly payment.
Ready to enroll? Already enrolled but want to make changes?
Click here to login and enroll, increase your installment amount or remove your account from Budget Billing.
Or, if you prefer, write to NYSEG using our secure Write to NYSEG form.You can also call us at 1.800.572.1111, Monday through Friday, 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
Click here for our Budget Billing information sheet.