Consider your pet's safety and security (ours too) when we're reading meters.
When we are reading meters – whether inside or outside – please be sure that your pets are properly secured to avoid injury to our meter readers or to your pet.
- Check to see when your next meter reading is so you can plan ahead. The date of your next meter reading listed on page three of your bill, which you can view online.
- Secure your pet inside your home on the day we are scheduled to read the meters, as well as the day before and after.
- If your pet is outside, make sure he or she is secured away from the meter and the path to the meter.
- If you have an inside meter, please secure your pet in a separate area of your home.
- Have a friendly indoor pet and an inside meter? It's still important to keep the pet in an enclosed area so it doesn't accidentally get outside when the meter reader arrives.
- Don't let your child get close to our meter reader in the presence of your dog. Your dog's instinct is to protect family members.
- Have a new dog? Contact us so we can put a note on your account for our meter readers.
You can also provide meter readings by using our:
Use our Meter Read Reminder Service postcard if you prefer to mail in your meter readings. We’ll notify you in advance by either telephone or mail when the meter reading is due. Fill out the post card and return it via U.S. Mail. Go to “Reading Your Meter” for instructions.
Automated Account Line at 1.800.600.2275
When you call, have your 11-digit NYSEG account number available as well as your meter reading. Receive reminders (by phone and/or by the U.S. Postal Service) to read the meter by enrolling in our Customer Meter Reading Reminder Service or contact us.