To be eligible to participate in NYSEG’s supply choice program, suppliers must first apply to and meet the requirements of the Public Service Commission (PSC) and the New York Independent System Operator (NYISO). The PSC can be contacted at 518.486.2432 and the NYISO at 518.356.6060.
ESCOs (Energy Service Companies) that the PSC and the NYISO determine eligible to participate then must submit forms and agreements to NYSEG and meet operating standards, where applicable.
For your convenience, the Supplier Manual (PDF) is available online.
Electric Qualification Steps
Energy service companies interested in participating in NYSEG's Electric Retail Access program as an ESCO will need to work with NYSEG to complete the following steps:
- ESCO satisfies eligibility criteria with the New York State Public Service Commission (NYSPSC).
- ESCO registers and is accepted by the New York Independent System Operator (NYISO).
- ESCO submits completed EDI Test Application (Forms & Agreements) to Supplier Relations over 30 days prior to EDI test batch. ESCO Checklist
- Upon availability, Supplier Relations schedules ESCO for EDI testing 30+ days prior to next available test batch.
- ESCO submits remaining documents and information (Forms & Agreements) to Supplier Relations 15+ days prior to test batch.
- Connectivity testing completed approximately 2 weeks prior to start of test batch.
- EDI testing completed.
- Trading Partner Agreement is executed.
- Production date scheduled with ESCO, EDI Operations & Supplier Relations.
- NYSEG posts ESCO's company and contact information on the NYSEG web page.
- Supplier Relations provides ESCO with the secured web site address, username and password which enables the ESCO to download daily files and view online history.