To be eligible to participate in the Gas Transportation Program, a Natural Gas energy services company (ESCO) must first apply to and meet the requirements of the Public Service Commission (PSC). The PSC can be contacted at 518.486.2432.
Natural gas ESCOs that have been determined eligible by the PSC may then submit the required forms to NYSEG.
For further information, natural gas ESCOs may e-mail NYSEG Supplier Relations. For your convenience, the Gas Transportation Operating Procedures Manual (PDF) is available online.
Natural Gas Supplier Service Qualification Steps
Natural Gas ESCOs interested in participating in NYSEG's Natural Gas Transportation Program will need to work with NYSEG to complete the following steps:
- Natural Gas ESCO satisfies eligibility criteria with the PSC*.
- Natural Gas ESCO submits fully completed EDI Test Application (Forms & Agreements) to Supplier Relations over 30 days prior to the start of the test batch. Any changes after the ESCO has submitted the forms may interfere with NYSEG's ability to test the ESCO in the test batch ESCO Checklist
- Upon availability, and completed EDI Test Application, NYSEG Supplier Relations schedules ESCO for EDI testing.
- Connectivity testing completed approximately two weeks prior to start of test batch.
- Natural Gas ESCO submits remaining documents (Forms & Agreements) to NYSEG Supplier Relations 15+ days prior to test batch.
- NYSEG Financial Management informs natural gas ESCO of security requirements, if necessary, and provides samples of acceptable forms of security.
- EDI testing completed.
- Trading Partner Agreement is executed.
- Production date scheduled with ESCO.
- Connectivity in production environment tested.
- On the production date, NYSEG posts the Natural Gas ESCO's company and contact information on the NYSEG's Web page.
- NYSEG Supplier Relations provides the Natural Gas ESCO with the secured web site address, username and password which enables the Natural Gas ESCO to download daily files and view online history.
(*Not applicable to Direct Customers.)