Energy Efficiency Program for Multi-Family Residences
Our program provides equipment replacement and rebates designed to reduce electricity use in apartment and condominium complexes. Property owners and agents can call 1.800.444.5668 to determine if your building is eligible for a free assessment.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Free installation of compact fluorescent bulbs (CFLs) in up to six fixtures in
- Free installation of smart power strips in dwelling units
- Free installation of energy-efficient faucet aerators and showerheads, and water heater pipe wrap in apartments and condominiums where water is heated by electricity
- Incentives of 50% of the cost of common area LED, CFL, fluorescent and exit sign lighting upgrades
- Incentives of 30% of the cost of dwelling unit fluorescent fixture upgrades
WHO IS ELIGIBLE
- NYSEG customers with active electricity service who reside in a qualifying
property or property owners/agents of a qualifying property that has active
NYSEG electricity service.
- Residents or owners/agents of apartment and condominium complexes with
five to 50 units per building.
- Lower energy bills for apartment/condominium residents
- Lower energy bills for building owners
Information is also available by calling 1.800.444.5668 or by viewing our frequently asked questions.
All equipment replacements and installations will be performed by RISE Engineering, a contractor representing NYSEG.
Rebates are being offered in accordance with a July 2009 New York State Public Service Commission order approving efficiency programs for utilities across the state. The program is funded by the System Benefits Charge on electricity customers’ bills.