My tenants and I can all save energy
and save money?
Yes! Our energy efficiency program for multi-family residences provides equipment replacement and rebates designed to reduce electricity use in apartment and condominium complexes. Say yes to your energy savings!
WHAT WE OFFER
- Free installation of common area screw-in LED and compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs)
- Incentives of 70% of the cost of common area hardwired LED, fluorescent and exit sign lighting upgrades
- Free installation of CFLs in up to six fixtures in dwelling units
- Free installation of smart power strips in dwelling units
- Free installation of energy-efficient faucet aerators and showerheads, and water heater pipe wrap in apartments and condominiums where water is heated by electricity
- Incentives of 30% of the cost of dwelling unit fluorescent fixture upgrades
WHO IS ELIGIBLE
- NYSEG customers with active electricity service who reside in a qualifying
property, or property owners/agents of a qualifying property that has active
NYSEG electricity service.
- Residents or owners/agents of apartment and condominium complexes with
five to 50 units per building.
- Property owners and agents can call 1.800.444.5668 to determine if their buildings are eligible for a free assessment.
- Lower energy bills for apartment/condominium residents
- Lower energy bills for building owners
To learn more about our energy efficiency program for multi-family residences call 1.800.444.5668
or view our frequently asked questions
All equipment replacements and installations will be performed by RISE Engineering, a contractor representing NYSEG.
Rebates are being offered in accordance with a July 2009 New York State Public Service Commission order approving efficiency programs for utilities across the state. The program is funded by the System Benefits Charge on electricity customers’ bills.