My tenants and I can all save energy
and save money?
YES! Our energy efficiency program for multi-family residences provides equipment replacement and rebates designed to reduce electricity use in apartment and condominium complexes. Say yes to your energy savings!
WHAT WE OFFER
- Free installation of screw-in LED and compact fluorescent light bulbs (CFLs) in common areas
- Incentives of 70% of the cost of hardwired LED, fluorescent and exit sign lighting upgrades in common areas
- Free installation of CFLs in up to six fixtures in dwelling units
- Free installation of smart power strips in dwelling units
- Free installation of energy-efficient faucet aerators and showerheads, and water heater pipe wrap in apartments and condominiums where water is heated by electricity
- Incentives of 30% of the cost of fluorescent fixture upgrades in dwelling units
WHO IS ELIGIBLE
- Residents or owners/agents of apartment and condominium complexes with
five to 50 units per building who have active NYSEG electricity service.
- Property owners and agents can call 1.800.444.5668 to determine if their buildings are eligible for a free assessment.
- Lower energy bills for apartment/condominium residents
- Lower energy bills for building owners
To learn more about our energy efficiency program for multi-family residences call 1.800.444.5668
or view our frequently asked questions
Click here for a printable .pdf program overview.
Learn how Coventry Green tenants are saving on their energy bills.
Learn how Wood Creek homeowners are saving on their energy bills.
All equipment replacements and installations will be performed by RISE Engineering, a contractor representing NYSEG.
This energy efficiency program for multi-family residences is being offered in accordance with a July 2009 New York State Public Service Commission order approving efficiency programs for utilities across the state, and is funded by the System Benefits Charge on electricity customers’ bills.