WHAT WE OFFER
We are pleased to offer rebates to our residential natural gas and electricity customers who install qualifying high-efficiency equipment including natural gas furnaces, boilers, natural gas dryers, Wi-Fi thermostats, pool pumps and pool heaters.
For questions regarding the program, or to inquire about the status of your submitted rebate, please call ICF (our rebate fulfillment contractor) at 855.846.2982.
Pool pump rebates and pool heater rebates are available through the online rebate option below.
In addition, you may be eligible to receive additional Federal Equipment Tax Credits on ENERGY STAR® certified products.
HOW TO APPLY
- Online Rebate Option - to expedite and reduce processing time (Recommended)
Click Here to Apply
- Unable to apply online? Please note, processing times will be delayed if applying by email or mail.
Complete a rebate application and include all required documents to:
NYSEG/RG&E Rebate Center
980 Beaver Creek Drive
Martinsville, VA 24112
To check your rebate status, call ICF (our rebate fulfillment contractor) at 855.846.2982. Rebates are processed in the order in which they are received and can take up to 4 to 6 weeks for processing.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE
Eligible participants include those rebate applicants who:
- Have an active NYSEG residential natural gas and/or electricity account. You must be a NYSEG natural gas heating customer to be eligible for natural gas equipment (including pool heaters) and Wi-Fi thermostat (natural gas heating) rebates. You must be a NYSEG electricity customer to be eligible for Wi-Fi thermostat (electric heating or central air conditioning) and pool pump rebates.
- Install eligible high-efficiency natural gas or electric equipment that meets program standards. Natural gas furnaces, boilers, natural gas dryers and pool pumps must be Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI) or ENERGY STAR® certified. To determine if your equipment qualifies, view the AHRI or ENERGY STAR® websites.
Rebates are also available for electric heat pumps. To learn more, please visit our NYS Clean Heat Rebate Program website.
Protect your home
Before selecting a home improvement contractor, get tips from the New York State Attorney General's website.
Just for contractors
We have program information and materials just for plumbing and heating contractors.
A Wi-Fi thermostat offers pre-programmed settings to regulate the temperature in your home, allowing you to save energy and money.
Install your thermostat away from direct sunlight, drafts, doorways, skylights and windows to avoid temperature readings that do not reflect the actual temperature of the room. Make sure you always place the thermostat where it is easily accessible.
We will mail you a rebate check to the address you provide. We cannot apply it as a bill credit.
AFUE is the Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency; the higher the AFUE rating, the more efficient the boiler or furnace.
No. All products, except for Wi-Fi thermostats, must be installed using a licensed HVAC contractor or a HVAC contractor who can supply you with either a Federal ID number or a Certificate of Insurance. Wi-Fi thermostats can be contractor-installed or self-installed and still qualify for the rebate.
Refer to the ENERGY STAR website for tips on how to find the right contractor. There are many resources that list local plumbers, heating and ventilation, and insulating contractors. Here are just a few:
- Check the local Yellow Pages for a listing of various contractors by specialty.
- The Air Conditioning Contractors of America provides a contractor locator by ZIP code at acca.org.
- The Better Contractors Bureau is a non-profit consumer protection agency that provides inquiries on contractors.
- The National Association of Home Builders provides a locator for local builders and remodelers at nahb.org.
- The New York State Office of the Attorney General's website has advice for you to consider when hiring a contractor.
Yes. You can complete one rebate application for multiple pieces of equipment as long as they are not the same type of equipment. If you are applying for two or more natural gas furnaces or boilers, you will need to complete a separate rebate application for each unit.
If you own property with an active NYSEG account, you may demonstrate proof of ownership by providing a tax or water bill that includes the installation address with the completed rebate application.
Generally a rebate check will be mailed within 4 to 6 weeks. If your application is selected for verification, rebate processing may take additional time.
Yes. All NYSEG delivery customers are eligible as long as they have an active residential natural gas or electricity account.
A representative of ICF will conduct the verification and confirm the equipment installed is eligible for a rebate.
Yes, if you meet certain criteria and can demonstrate that you purchased/installed the eligible equipment.
- Rental property owners where equipment is to be installed, who do not have a NYSEG account number must provide proof of ownership (such as a tax bill or water bill) that includes the address where the eligible equipment is installed.
- Residential natural gas and electricity customers who do not own the property where the equipment is to be installed must have
permission from the property owner to install the equipment in order to receive a rebate.
This rebate program is part of the New York State Public Service Commission's (PSC) New Efficiency: New York Plan for New York State.
The purpose of the program is to encourage customers to purchase and install higher efficiency equipment, thereby reducing the state’s overall energy consumption and encouraging wise energy use. The NYSEG rebate is offered to cover a portion of any additional cost for purchasing high efficiency versus standard efficiency equipment.
If you are uncertain about whether equipment meets the efficiency criteria, check with your heating or plumbing contractor, the manufacturer or local distributor. You may also call ICF (our rebate fulfillment contractor) at 855.846.2982.
Rebates are only issued after the equipment has been installed and paid for. Prior to issuing any rebate, NYSEG may require a virtual inspection to verify that the equipment is eligible for rebate and is installed at the address corresponding to the utility account number given on the rebate application.
A percentage of rebate applications will be selected at random and the applicant is required to allow an inspector to view the installation. You will be notified if your rebate application has been selected and asked to provide the required photographs and installation proof for verification.
You can complete your rebate application online or submit a completed, signed rebate application with the proper documentation including your account number and a copy of dated paid receipt(s) or invoice(s) to the address given on the rebate application. Rebate applications must be filled out completely, signed, accompanied by dated receipt(s), and proof of property ownership, when necessary.
Proof of purchase must include a paid invoice or receipt(s) indicating:
- Retailer/Contractor name, business address and phone (not a requirement for Wi-Fi thermostats).
- Equipment type; manufacturer and model number of each piece of equipment.
- Equipment and labor cost total of each piece of rebated equipment (not a requirement for Wi-Fi thermostats).
- Installation date and service address.
Eligible participants include those rebate applicants who:
- Have an active NYSEG residential natural gas and/or electricity account.
- Install eligible high-efficiency natural gas or electric equipment that meets program standards.
Natural gas furnaces, boilers, natural gas clothes dryers, and pool pumps must be Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI) or ENERGY STAR approved. To determine if your equipment qualifies, visit the AHRI and ENERGY STAR websites.
Please visit the Residential Rebate homepage to view the full list of measures and rebate amounts.
NYSEG offers rebates to eligible residential natural gas and electricity customers who replace their existing equipment with high-efficiency natural gas or electric equipment. This program is also available to eligible customers who build a new home and install eligible equipment. The new, eligible equipment must meet specific efficiency ratings.
Furnace tune-up rebates are for existing natural gas furnaces only, limited to one rebate every five years.
Customers who are eligible for a NYSEG rebate may also be able to receive federal tax credits or manufacturer’s rebates (if available). To learn more about federal tax credits, visit energystar.gov or call 888.STAR.YES (888.782.7937). Contact your contractor or the equipment manufacturer for details on any rebates that may be offered on equipment you have installed. To learn about NYSERDA rebates, visit nyserda.ny.gov or call 877.NYSMART (877.697.6278).
NYSEG residential customers are not eligible for additional rebates for the same measure through any other energy efficiency program in New York State. Please note, if you purchase a Wi-Fi-enabled thermostat through our online NYSEG Smart Solutions Store and receive a rebate for your purchase, then you are not eligible for a rebate through this program. However, you may be eligible to receive an $70 e-gift card if you enroll your qualifying Wi-Fi-enabled thermostat in our Smart Savings Rewards Program.