To be eligible to participate in NYSEG supply choice program, suppliers must first apply to and meet the requirements of the Public Service Commission (PSC) and the New York Independent System Operator (NYISO).
The PSC can be contacted at 518.486.2432 and the NYISO at 518.356.6060.
ESCOs (Energy Service Companies) that the PSC and the NYISO determine eligible to participate then must submit forms and agreements (see Electric Qualification Steps below) to NYSEG and meet operating standards, where applicable.
For your convenience, the Supplier Manual is available online.
Electric Qualification Steps
Energy service companies (ESCOs) interested in participating in NYSEG's Electric Retail Access program as an ESCO will need to work with NYSEG to complete the following steps:
- ESCO satisfies eligibility criteria with the New York State Public Service Commission (NYSPSC).
- ESCO registers and is accepted by the New York Independent System Operator (NYISO).
- ESCO must be EDI Phase 1 certified.
- ESCO e-mails completed EDI Test Application, completed DSA, W9, PSC Certification letter and NYISO Acceptance letter (electric ESCOs only) to email@example.com more than 30 days prior to EDI test batch. (Refer to Forms)
- Upon availability, Supplier Relations schedules ESCO for EDI testing (refer to EDI Test Schedules).
- ESCO e-mails remaining documents (refer to ESCO Qualification Checklist) to firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 15 days prior to the start of EDI testing.
- Connectivity testing completed by our EDIOPs team a few days prior to start of testing.
- Once EDI testing completed NYSEG will send ESCO a Trading Partner Agreement (TPA). The TPA must be fully signed by the ESCO & 3rd Party Provider (if applicable) & returned to Supplier Relations prior to production date being scheduled.
- Production date is scheduled and production connectivity will be completed.
- NYSEG posts ESCO's company and contact information on the NYSEG web page.