Heat pumps keep your home temperature — and energy costs — just right!
Are you using oil, propane, or electric resistance to heat your home or water? Do you want a more efficient way to heat and cool your home? Consider clean heat pump technology.
Heat pumps will help you find the perfect balance of comfort and savings all year round, while reducing your carbon footprint. These all-in-one heating and air conditioning systems optimize the temperature throughout your home to use less energy, and can save you up to 30% on your cooling and heating costs.*
Need help determining the heat pump system that might be best for your home? Follow this link for a heat pump planner tool and get started today.
How do electric heat pumps compare to other traditional heating and cooling equipment?
- Warmer. Heat pumps provide warmth more efficiently than conventional oil, propane, or electric resistance heating systems.
- Cooler. Heat pumps cool more efficiently when summer temperatures climb.
- Comfier and cozier. Heat pumps provide quiet, even heating and cooling throughout your home or business.
- Easier. Heat pumps require minimal maintenance.
- Cleaner, healthier, and safer. There is no combustion of fossil fuels, fuel storage, or carbon monoxide emissions associated with heat pumps.
Check out our buying guide.
*When compared to electric resistance, oil or propane heat. Source: https://neep.org/blog/looking-winter-proof-heat-pumps
WHAT WE OFFER
- NYSEG/RG&E natural gas and/or electricity customers with active accounts who replace their existing furnace, boiler or water heater with eligible heat pump equipment.
- Full load heat pump projects replacing existing full load heat pump systems will not be eligible for incentives. Ground source heat pumps replacing existing ground source heat pump systems will also not be eligible for incentives.
o However, air source heat pumps replaced by ground source heat pumps will qualify for incentives.
- Purchase a heat pump water heater and save $700 by purchasing qualifying equipment. Click here to apply online, or download our application form and fill it out with your contractor (you will need to mail all required documents to the address on the rebate application form).
WHO IS ELIGIBLE
- We are pleased to offer rebates to our natural gas and electricity customers who install qualifying equipment by our participating contractors.
HOW TO GET STARTED
- Step 1: Contact a participating contractor.
- Step 2: You and your contractor will choose the best technology to fit your needs and qualify your home for our rebate program.
- Step 3: Your participating contractor will take care of the rest. They will fill out the application and submit all qualifying documents for your rebate.
Rebates are processed in the order in which they are received and can take up to 4 to 6 weeks for processing. To check your rebate status, call 844.212.7823.
To learn more about what air or ground source heating and cooling technologies are best for you, click here.
To learn more about energy efficient home improvements, visit NYSERDA's website and the ENERGY STAR website.
Interested in the IRA - 25C Tax Credit Guide? Click here to learn more.
If you already have an air source heat pump or heat pump water heater installed, you may be wondering about operating and maintaining your new technology. See documents below:
Communities across New York State are participating in programs to adopt clean heating and cooling technologies. See if there is one near you.
JUST FOR CONTRACTORS
We have program information and materials just for plumbing and heating contractors.