We offer street, highway, roadway and other outdoor lighting for municipalities across our service territory. The available types of service are outlined below.
Types of Service
Service Class 1 – Street Lighting Service with Contributory Provision*
The street lighting equipment is owned and maintained by NYSEG.
*This service is no longer available to new customers.
Service Class 2 – Street Lighting Service with Energy and Limited Maintenance*
The street lighting equipment including wire, bracket, luminaire and street lighting standard, is installed, owned and maintained by the customer. NYSEG provides energy, photo control replacement and relamping only.
NYSEG will serve lamp types and wattages not available under this type of service under Service Class 4. Please refer to NYSEG’s street light tariff for a list of lamp types and wattages served under Service Class 2.
*This service is no longer available to new customers effective September 26, 2010.
Effective September 26, 2010, customers must install an in-line disconnecting device in accordance with the SC2 Streetlight Standards.
Service Class 3 – Standard Street Lighting Service
The street lighting equipment is installed, owned and maintained by NYSEG.
Service Class 4 – Street Lighting Service, Energy Only
The street lighting equipment including wire, bracket, luminaire and street lighting standard is installed, owned and maintained by the customer. NYSEG provides energy.
This service class is a new offering effective September 26, 2010.
- Lamp Types - Customers may install a lamp type not listed in the tariff provided the customer provides the necessary fixture specifications to NYSEG to allow NYSEG to calculate the wattage and billing kW.
- Customer lights must be installed in accordance with the NYSEG Energy Only Streetlight Standards here:
- Pole Attachments - Customers are permitted to install lights on existing NYSEG wood poles along public streets, roads, alleys and highways if determined feasible by NYSEG and in accordance with the Standards. Customers must enter into an Attachment Agreement with NYSEG. A monthly pole attachment charge per mast arm or bracket will be charged to the customer.
- In-line Disconnecting Device - Customers must install an in-line disconnecting device equipped with over-current protection in accordance with the SC2 Streetlight Standards.
- Ownership Identification - Customers must provide identification of streetlight equipment as specified in the Standards.
- Fees - The customer is responsible for all fees at each electrical connection point for:
- Connections, disconnections, reconnections
- Secondary wire and installation if needed to provide service
- Transformer and installation if needed to provide service
Please consult NYSEG’s tariff for complete details regarding energy only service and customer requirements.
For more information about our Municipal Street Lighting Services, please send an email to email@example.com.