Locations available in Dutchess, Putnam and Westchester counties
BINGHAMTON, New York — August 6, 2020, 12:00 p.m. — NYSEG, a subsidiary of AVANGRID Inc., reminds customers that ice and bottled water distribution locations are available in the company’s Brewster division, which includes Dutchess, Putnam, and Westchester counties. Customers are encouraged to visit the company’s website for the most up-to-date locations and hours of operation. The reminder comes after the company announced that it expects that 95% of customers will have power restored by 11 p.m. on Monday.
Currently, more than 60,000 customers out of the total 102,428 customers impacted are without power in the Brewster division as a result of damage from Tropical Storm Isaias. Crews are continuing to work hard on the restoration. The company announced that all customers impacted as will have an estimated time of restoration (ETR) provided by 2 p.m. today.
Prior to the start of the event, NYSEG worked in collaboration with the its affiliates, contractors, and local municipalities to plan for this event. The company had secured and staged more than 1,100 field resources to respond to power outages, with the majority positioned in the southeast portions of the state. Make safe crews were also supplied to local municipalities to help clear roads and respond to hazardous issues. The company continues to pursue and onboard additional resources as available to support the effort. More than 1,200 resources are currently engaged in the effort.
Ice and bottled water locations include:
||Amenia Town Hall
Amenia, NY 12501
||Pawling Fire House
1 South Street
Pawling, NY 12564
||Roller Rink Parking Lot
740 Route 6
Mahopac, NY 10541
||Kent Police Department
40 Sybil's Crossing
Kent Lakes, NY 10512
||Patterson Town Hall
Patterson, NY 12563
74 Fairfield Drive
Patterson, NY 12563
||Southeast Town Hall
1360 Route 22
Brewster, NY 10509
||Pound Ridge Town Hall
179 Westchester Ave
Pound Ridge, NY 10576
||Triangle Shopping Center
20 Triangle Center
Yorktown Heights, NY 10598
NYSEG will continue to provide updates throughout the event to the general public on the company’s social media channels (Facebook and Twitter). The company also offers customers the following reminders to prepare for the storm and stay safe if power outages do occur.
- Sign up for Outage Alerts to receive updates automatically by phone, text, or e-mail as the company updates the status of the restoration process in their area. Customers can sign up for outage alerts by visiting here for NYSEG.
- Customers can use the new NYSEG mobile app to report and check the status of outages. To download the application, customers should search “AVANGRID” in the Apple or Android app stores and select “NYSEG.” The application is free to download.
Stay Away From Downed Wires:
- Stay at least 30 feet from a downed power line.
- If a downed wire comes in contact with your vehicle, stay inside and wait for help. If you must get out because of fire or other danger, jump clear of the vehicle to avoid any contact with the vehicle and the ground at the same time. Land with your feet together and hop with feet together or shuffle away; don’t run or stride.
- NYSEG customers should call 1.800.572.1131 to report downed power lines or other hazardous situations.
During a Power Interruption:
- Contact neighbors to see if their power is off. A loss of power may be the result of a blown fuse or a tripped circuit breaker.
- To report a power interruption, contact NYSEG at 1.800.572.1131.
- Keep refrigerators and freezers closed as much as possible. Most food will last 24 hours if you minimize the opening of refrigerator and freezer doors.
Power Restoration Priorities:
The companies’ first priorities are to respond to reports of downed power lines to keep the public safe. NYSEG customers are asked to call 1.800.572.1131 to report downed wires. Once this vital public safety work is complete, the company will:
- Assess the damage to the electricity delivery system.
- Develop a detailed restoration plan.
- Make repairs as quickly as possible.
For additional information, including storm preparation tips, storm safety information, generator safety information, restoration priorities and emergency resources, visit Outage Central at NYSEG.com and on the company’s social media pages:
- Facebook: @NYSEandG
- Twitter: @NYSEandG
Learn about the Iberdrola Group’s global pandemic response at its COVID-19 Hub.