Need to make a payment fast and in person? Pay at one of our approved pay agents - including any Walmart or Kmart location nationwide - to have a payment post the next business day.
There is no convenience fee at our approved pay agents.
Some pay agents do charge a convenience fee for their service and accept cash or money orders (some also accept checks). To find an authorized pay agent location near you (no convenience fee), make sure to use the search functions below.
Please bring your bill payment stub when you pay in person
If you have a termination notice which will soon expire, call us at 888.315.1755 (Monday through Friday 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., excluding holidays) to discuss payment options or immediately after making a payment at a pay agent with your proof of payment information.
Find an authorized CheckFreePay location pay agent near you using our pay agent locator. You can find CheckFreePay at any nationwide Walmart location.
Western Union Payments
Western Union Pay Agents will also take NYSEG payments. Search Western Union agent locations to find the one nearest you. Once you get the list of agent locations and hours, you will need to filter your results by selecting "Convenience Pay," "Payments" and "Quick Collect." NYSEG payments are only accepted at the locations with those selected filters.
Our offices are open for Customer Service during the days and hours noted below.
- Auburn: 73 Wright Circle, Monday and Thursday, 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Binghamton: 4425 Old Vestal Road, Vestal, Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Brewster: Terravest Corporate Park, 35 Milan Road, Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Elmira: One Electric Parkway, Horseheads, Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Geneva: 152 Border City Road, Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Ithaca: 1387 Dryden Road, Monday and Thursday, 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Lockport: 6544 Lincoln Avenue, Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Oneonta: 65 Country Club Road, Monday and Thursday, 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Plattsburgh: 4125 Route 22, Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Proof of residency and identification and any other forms can be emailed, faxed, or mailed to our Customer Service department at NYSEG, P.O. Box 5240, Binghamton, NY 13902-5240.
Important things to consider
Payments may be made using cash, check, or money order.
Posting of Payments:
To allow for processing time, and to avoid late payment charges, we recommend that you pay your bill several days prior to the due date. If you need to make a payment quickly, pay by phone 800.600.2275 or in person.
Some pay agents may charge a fee to process your payment. We do not receive any portion of this fee. There is no fee to make a payment when you use one of our authorized pay agents. Use our search tools above to find one near you!
If you have a termination notice which will soon expire, please call us at 888.315.1755 (Monday through Friday 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., excluding holidays) to discuss payment options or immediately after making a payment at a pay agent with your proof of payment information.
Please save your payment receipt for your records.