We welcome your comments and will respond to your questions or concerns.
In case of an emergency
Natural gas emergency
If you are experiencing a natural gas emergency, or if you suspect a natural gas leak, get up, get out and get away! Then call us immediately at 800.572.1121 or 911 from a safe location.
If you are experiencing a life-threatening electricity emergency, please call 911 immediately. Otherwise, please contact us at 800.572.1131 for electricity outages or trouble or use our online form .
- Use our form to send us an immediate email
- Self Service Line: 800.600.2275 (24 hours/7days)
- Customer Service: 800.572.1111 (Monday - Friday, 7 a.m. - 7 p.m., excluding holidays)
- Payment Arrangements: 888.315.1755
Translation services are available when calling us for support. Just ask your Customer Service Representative.
We want to speak your language! The following links are instructions regarding how to use web-based translation services based on your choice of browser.
- Translation instructions for Microsoft Edge
- Translation instructions for Chrome
- Translation instructions for Safari
- Hearing/Speech impaired (TTY): New York Relay Service - Dial 711
- Dig Safe: 811 or 800.962.7962
- Payments: NYSEG, P.O. Box 847812, Boston, MA 02284-7812
- Customer Service: NYSEG P.O. Box 5240, Binghamton, NY 13902-5240
- Corporate office: NYSEG, P.O. Box 5224, Binghamton, NY 13902-5224
- NYSEG, 18 Link Drive, Binghamton, NY 13904
- Find your answers
- Visit us online or contact us at NYSEconomic_Development@nyseg.com to learn more about economic incentive programs for existing commercial and industrial customers planning to expand or new businesses interested in locating in our service territory.
For the Media:
- Are you a member of the media working on a story? We’re glad to help. Visit For the Media for contact information.
Marketing & Sales:
- Contact us to learn more about our products and programs, including Energy Profiler Online and Hourly Pricing
- Fill out our energy theft form
- Fill out our property and casualty claim form
Our offices will be open for Customer Service during the days and hours noted below.
- Auburn: 73 Wright Circle, Monday and Thursday, 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Binghamton: 4425 Old Vestal Road, Vestal, Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Brewster: Terravest Corporate Park, 35 Milan Road, Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Elmira: One Electric Parkway, Horseheads, Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Geneva: 152 Border City Road, Monday - Friday, 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Ithaca: 1387 Dryden Road, Monday and Thursday, 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Lockport: 6544 Lincoln Avenue, Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Oneonta: 65 Country Club Road, Monday and Thursday, 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
- Plattsburgh: 4125 Route 22, Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. - 3 p.m.
Proof of residency and identification and any other forms can be emailed, faxed, or mailed to our customer service department at NYSEG P.O. Box 5240, Binghamton, NY 13902-5240.
Did you know that you can visit one of our conveniently located authorized pay agents where you can make a payment with no convenient fee? Find an authorized pay agent near you!
Complaint Handling Procedure
Whether you write, contact us by phone or send an email to us, we will address your questions. If you feel our representative has not adequately addressed your concern, please ask to speak with a supervisor.
If your concern remains unresolved, you can:
- Write to the New York State Public Service Commission (PSC), Three Empire State Plaza, Albany, NY 12223.
- Visit the PSC website.
- Call the PSC’s toll-free Helpline at 1.800.342.3377, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
If your complaint involves a NYSEG bill, you will not be asked to pay the disputed portion of the bill while the matter is being reviewed by the PSC. However, the remaining balance of the bill in question and any future bills should be paid when due.