Program Guidelines (for a printable .pdf, click here and see page 2)
- All rebate requests must be reserved at nyseg.com or rge.com using our electronic reservation form, or by calling the
energy efficiency hotline at 1.800.995.9525. Your reservation will generate a uniquely-numbered rebate form that you or the energy efficiency hotline will print and use to apply for the rebate. No rebate form will be accepted without a prior reservation for the exact equipment to be rebated. Rebate applications must be postmarked within 60 days of the rebate reservation date as all rebate reservations expire after 60 days.
- Rebate applications are uniquely numbered to associate them with a rebate reservation. Any rebate application lacking this unique number will automatically be rejected.
- Please be sure that the equipment you are reserving for your rebate is the same equipment to be installed. If you are not sure, verify this with your contractor before submitting a rebate reservation. Rebate processing of forms received listing equipment that differs from the rebate reservation will be delayed.
- Eligible equipment must be installed at the location corresponding to the NYSEG or RG&E residential natural gas customer account number provided on this rebate application.
- If you are a landlord and own the property where the equipment is to be installed, you must call the energy efficiency hotline at 1.800.995.9525 to request a rebate application. You must also provide proof of ownership (such as a tax bill or water bill) that includes the address where the eligible equipment is installed.
- If you do not own the property where the equipment is to be installed, you must have the right or permission from the property
owner to install the equipment (this requirement does not apply to programmable thermostats).
- If more than one of the same type of eligible equipment is installed (e.g., two furnaces or two boilers), complete a
separate rebate reservation and rebate application for each unit of eligible equipment. Note: Maximum rebate amount
per account cannot exceed total installed price.
- Installations must conform to all applicable codes, standards and the rebate Terms and Conditions.
- Contractors must conduct a heat loss calculation and size any eligible heating equipment accordingly.
- Boiler reset controls must be installed on new or existing natural gas non-condensing boilers. Indirect water heaters must be in current production, of well insulated design and installed with a new qualifying natural gas boiler (an indirect water heater uses heat from the main boiler to produce domestic hot water). Programmable thermostats must be installed with new qualifying natural gas furnaces or boilers.
- This program may be modified or terminated at any time and without notice.
- Correction requests to rebate applications that have already been processed and paid must be made within 30 days of the date the rebate check was mailed to the customer. Correction requests received after 30 days from the mail date of the rebate check will not be honored.