Terms and Conditions (for a printable .pdf, click here and see page 3)
- Customer Eligibility > Eligible customers must be residential natural gas customers of NYSEG with an active utility account or have proof of ownership of a property served by NYSEG.
- Rebate Reservation Required > All rebate requests must be reserved using our electronic reservation form, or by calling the energy efficiency hotline at 1.800.995.9525. A uniquely-numbered rebate form will print to apply for the rebate. No rebate form will be accepted without a prior reservation for the exact equipment to be rebated.
Rebate applications must be postmarked within 60 days of the rebate reservation date as all rebate reservations expire after 60 days.
- Submission Deadline > Rebate applications must be filled out completely, signed, accompanied by dated, itemized receipts showing the total installed cost of each piece of equipment, proof of ownership (when necessary), and postmarked within 60 days of the rebate reservation date.
- Equipment Eligibility > The energy efficiency level of the eligible equipment determines the rebate amount (defined in the equipment rebate list). The maximum rebate amount per account cannot exceed the total installed price.
To be eligible, furnaces and boilers must be Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI) or ENERGY STAR® approved. To determine if your equipment qualifies, view the AHRI or ENERGY STAR® websites. NYSEG will provide rebates for approved equipment up to the rebate amount indicated on the equipment rebate list. Projects greater than ten units per account number require preapproval from NYSEG for rebate funds to be reserved. Call 1.800.995.9525 for preapproval.
Eligible equipment must be installed at the address corresponding to the NYSEG account number given on the rebate application. All rebated equipment must be installed no earlier than October 1, 2010 for RG&E customers and no earlier than April 1, 2011 for NYSEG customers. Tank type (storage) or tankless water heaters must be ENERGY STAR approved and installed on or after July 1, 2014 to qualify for the rebate. Furnace tune-up rebates are for existing natural gas furnaces only, limited to one rebate every five years, effective January 1, 2016.
Customers are not eligible to receive a NYSEG rebate and a NYSERDA incentive for the same energy efficiency measure. To learn more about NYSERDA initiatives, visit NYSERDA’s Web site at nyserda.ny.gov/residential or call 1.877.NYSMART (1.877.697.6278).
- Changes to Residential Natural Gas Equipment Rebate Program > This program may be modified or terminated at any time and without notice. This program will automatically stop taking new rebate reservations when program funding is exhausted. In the event that the rebate amount changes during the course of the program, the application postmark date will be used to determine equipment eligibility and rebate amount.
- Installation Verification > Prior to or after paying any rebate, NYSEG reserves the right to conduct a site visit to verify that the installed equipment is eligible for rebate. The site visit, and all aspects related to the site visit, is conducted solely for such purpose. The site visit is not a safety review and is not intended for any other purposes. A rebate will not be paid if NYSEG is not able to conduct any required verification.
- Contractor Verification > Eligible equipment must be installed by a licensed contractor or a contractor who has provided you with either a Federal ID (tax) number or a Certificate of Insurance. NYSEG reserves the right to confirm the validity of your contractor.
- Warranties > NYSEG, RG&E and the utility rebate administrator do not endorse, guarantee or warrant any particular contractor, manufacturer or installation. NYSEG, RG&E and the utility rebate administrator do not guarantee any energy savings as a result of the purchase and installation of eligible equipment.
- Property Rights > Rebate applicants hereby represent and warrant that if they do not own the property where the eligible equipment is to be installed, participant has the right and/or consent from the landlord or owner of the property to have the eligible equipment installed.
- Tax Liability > Rebate recipients of the program may be subject to tax liability for the value of goods and services received through the program pursuant to state or federal income tax codes. NYSEG, RG&E and the utility rebate administrator are not responsible for any tax liability which may be imposed as a result of receipt of the rebates provided by NYSEG or RG&E to the customer.
- Liability & Release > As part of the consideration for participating in the program, rebate recipients hereby release and shall indemnify, hold harmless and defend NYSEG or RG&E and the utility rebate administrator from any and all claims, losses, harm, costs, liabilities, damages and expenses (including attorneys’ fees) of any nature whatsoever arising directly or indirectly out of or in connection with the installation of high efficiency equipment at the premises or any material and labor required for such installation.