Want to put some CA$HBACK into your bottom line?
NYSEG’s CA$HBACK and CA$HBACK plus are two Emergency Demand Response Programs (EDRP) that reward businesses for reducing their electrical load during specific curtailment periods.
How They Work
- The New York Independent System Operator (NYISO) is responsible for balancing statewide electricity supply and demand.
- On occasion, the NYISO determines that it’s necessary for consumers to reduce electricity use in order to ensure the continued reliability of the statewide power grid.
- By participating in CA$HBACK or CA$HBACK plus, you reduce your electricity use upon request and help ensure there is sufficient electricity supply during times of particularly high demand.
- CA$HBACK offers you the opportunity to voluntarily reduce your electricity load; you only receive payment when you reduce your use.
- CA$HBACK plus requires you to reduce electricity load and gives you a guaranteed payment.
What You Get For Participating
- We will credit your NYSEG bill based on the price per kilowatt hour (kwh) for the curtailment period and the number of kwh not consumed.
To Sign Up for CA$HBACK or CA$HBACK plus
Contact your NYSEG marketing representative today. We’ll be glad to work with you to determine if CA$HBACK or CA$HBACK plus are right for your business.
CA$HBACK Customer Contact Information
Current participants can update their program contact information.