Bulk Energy Storage
Bulk Energy Storage
Request for Proposals
NYSEG has developed a request for proposal (RFP) to procure a minimum of 10 MW of energy storage projects to be in service by December 31, 2028. This initiative will help meet energy storage goals and complement the growing use of intermittent technologies on the transmission and distribution systems.
The RFP will be conducted in two phases. Any interested bidders must submit a Phase I offer no later than 5 p.m. EPT on September 1, 2023. NYSEG and RG&E will review bidder submissions to Phase I, and notify bidders of their approval to submit a Phase II bid on October 20, 2023.
Please review all requirements and details of the RFP and appendices thoroughly which are located below. Only complete offers will be accepted.
- Bulk Storage Request for Proposals NYSEG-RGE
- Appendix A – Bidder’s Qualification
- Appendix B – Offer Form (XLS)
- Appendix C1 – Site Control
- Appendix C2 – Electric Interconnection
- Appendix C3 – Technical Information
- Appendix C4 – Permitting & Schedule
- Appendix C5 – Financial & Credit Information
- Appendix C6 – Bidder Checklist
- Appendix C7 – Bidding Team Information
- Appendix C8 – Offer Changes
- Appendix C9 – Warranties, Performance, Guarantees, and Maintenance Plans
- Appendix D1 – NYSEG Energy Storage Services Agreement (ESSA) - To be released in Phase II
- Appendix D2 – RG&E Energy Storage Services Agreement (ESSA) - To be released in Phase II
- Appendix D3 – ESSA Agreement Issue Matrix
- Appendix D4 – ESSA Term Sheet
- Appendix D5 – ESSA Term Sheet Issue Matrix
- Appendix D6 – W9
- Appendix E – Preferred Locations
- Appendix F – NYSERDA Sample Incentive Agreement
If Bidders have any questions, please review the NYSEG-RG&E Questions & Answers document (FAQ). This document contains questions that NYSEG and RG&E received in prior rounds of this RFP. If Bidders still have questions, please contact us at BulkStorage@avangrid.com.