NYSEG Releases Estimated Restoration Times for Lancaster and Lockport Divisions - 5 pm
BINGHAMTON, New York — November 1, 2019, 5:00 p.m. EST — NYSEG, a subsidiary of AVANGRID, Inc., has released a regional estimated time of restoration for customers impacted by today’s storms. At this time 5,600 NYSEG customers in the Lancaster and Lockport Divisions, which includes Chautauqua, Cattaraugus, Erie and Niagara counties, are without power. The company announced that it expects to restore 95% of customers impacted in those areas by 11:30 p.m. on Saturday, November 2nd. Company crews have continued work to assess damage, perform make safe activities and make repairs. Crews will continue working throughout the night until every customer is restored.
Currently, more than 1,400 field personnel are engaged in restoration efforts across the state. The companies are also coordinating response efforts with state and local emergency management authorities in impacted areas.
NYSEG will continue to provide updates throughout the event to the general public on their website and social media channels (Facebook and Twitter). The company also offers customers the following safety reminders.
Stay Away From Downed Wires:
- Stay at least 30 feet from a downed power line.
- If a downed wire comes in contact with your vehicle, stay inside and wait for help. If you must get out because of fire or other danger, jump clear of the vehicle to avoid any contact with the vehicle and the ground at the same time. Land with your feet together and hop with feet together or shuffle away; don’t run or stride.
- NYSEG customers should call 1.800.572.1131 to report downed power lines or other hazardous situations.
During a Power Interruption:
- Contact neighbors to see if their power is off. A loss of power may be the result of a blown fuse or a tripped circuit breaker.
- To report a power interruption, contact NYSEG at 1.800.572.1131.
- Keep refrigerators and freezers closed as much as possible. Most food will last 24 hours if you minimize the opening of refrigerator and freezer doors.
Power Restoration Priorities:
The companies’ first priorities are to respond to reports of downed power lines to keep the public safe. NYSEG customers are asked to call 1.800.572.1131 to report downed wires. Once this vital public safety work is complete, the company will:
- Assess the damage to the electricity delivery system.
- Develop a detailed restoration plan.
- Make repairs as quickly as possible.
For additional information, including storm preparation tips, storm safety information, generator safety information, restoration priorities and emergency resources, visit Outage Central at NYSEG.com and on the company’s social media pages:
- Facebook: @NYSEandG
- Twitter: @NYSEandG
- Michael Jamison
203.997.7906 (cell phone)