We welcome your comments and will respond to your questions or concerns.
In case of an emergency
Natural gas emergency
- Use our form to send us an immediate email
- Payments: NYSEG, P.O. Box 847812, Boston, MA 02284-7812
- Customer Service: NYSEG P.O. Box 5240, Binghamton, NY 13902-5240
- Corporate office: NYSEG, P.O. Box 5224, Binghamton, NY 13902-5224
- NYSEG, 18 Link Drive, Binghamton, NY 13904
- Find your answers
For the Media:
- Are you a member of the media working on a story? We’re glad to help. Visit For the Media for contact information.
Marketing & Sales:
- Fill out our energy theft form
- Fill out our property and casualty claim form
In response to COVID-19, we are temporarily closing our walk-in offices until further notice. Your safety and the safety of our communities is our priority.
Please visit one of our local authorized pay agents. A list of authorized agents is here.
You can still drop off payments at the following NYSEG offices.
- Auburn: 73 Wright Circle
- Binghamton: 4425 Old Vestal Road, Vestal
- Brewster: Terravest Corporate Park, 35 Milan Road
- Elmira: One Electric Parkway, Horseheads
- Geneva: 152 Border City Road
- Hornell: 7760 Industrial Park Road, Arkport
- Ithaca: Ithaca-Dryden Road
- Lancaster: 150 Erie Street
- Liberty: 26 Wierk Avenue
- Lockport: 6544 Lincoln Avenue
- Oneonta: 65 Country Club Road
- Plattsburgh: 4125 Route 22
Proof of residency and identification and any other forms can be emailed, faxed, or mailed to our customer service department at NYSEG P.O. Box 5240, Binghamton, NY 13902-5240.
Complaint Handling Procedure
Whether you write, contact us by phone or send an email to us, we will address your questions. If you feel our representative has not adequately addressed your concern, please ask to speak with a supervisor.
If after talking with a supervisor you are still not satisfied, you can call NYSEG Customer Appeals at 1.800.231.2888.
If your concern remains unresolved, you can:
- Write to the New York State Public Service Commission (PSC), Three Empire State Plaza, Albany, NY 12223.
- Visit the PSC website.
- Call the PSC’s toll-free Helpline at 1.800.342.3377, Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
If your complaint involves a NYSEG bill, you will not be asked to pay the disputed portion of the bill while the matter is being reviewed by the PSC. However, the remaining balance of the bill in question and any future bills should be paid when due.