We are resuming Energy Efficiency program activities after temporary suspensions due to COVID-19. We're taking extra measures to ensure the safety of our customers, contractors and employees. Prior to resuming program activities, our program partners and trade allies are required to review and adhere to all New York State Safe Return to Work guidelines.
Please note: Rebate check processing may take longer than the standard 4 to 6 weeks.
For questions regarding this program, please call our energy efficiency hotline at 800.995.9525.
We appreciate your patience as we safely resume program activity.
WHAT WE OFFER
We are pleased to offer rebates to our residential natural gas and electricity customers who install qualifying high-efficiency equipment including natural gas furnaces, boilers, water heaters, dryers, and electric heat pumps.
View our list of qualifying equipment and available rebates.
We offer a $75 rebate on Wi-Fi thermostats that control your natural gas heating and/or central air conditioning systems. Also, Wi-Fi thermostats can be either contractor-installed or self-installed, and do not have to be installed in conjunction with a furnace or boiler installation.
WHO IS ELIGIBLE
Eligible participants include those rebate applicants who:
- Have an active NYSEG residential natural gas and/or electricity account. You must be a NYSEG natural gas heating customer to be eligible for natural gas equipment and Wi-Fi thermostat (natural gas heating) rebates. You must be a NYSEG electricity customer to be eligible for Wi-Fi thermostat (central air conditioning) and other electric high efficiency equipment (heat pump, heat pump water heater) rebates.
- Replace their existing furnace, boiler or water heater with eligible high-efficiency natural gas equipment that meets program standards. Natural gas furnaces, boilers, water heaters and clothes dryers must be Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI) or ENERGY STAR approved. To determine if your equipment qualifies, view the AHRI or ENERGY STAR websites.
HOW TO APPLY
- Complete your rebate application online:
- Mail in your completed rebate application and all required documents to:
NYSEG/RG&E Rebate Center
980 Beaver Creek Drive
Martinsville, VA 24112
- Email your completed rebate application and all required documents via email to: NYSEGRGERebates@icf.com.
- Call our energy efficiency hotline at 800.995.9525, and ask for a rebate form to be mailed to you.
Rebates are processed in the order in which they are received and can take up to 4 to 6 weeks for processing. To check your rebate status, call ICF (our rebate fulfillment contractor) at 877.313.8799. Please note: Rebate check processing may take longer than the standard 4 to 6 weeks.
Protect your home
Before selecting a home improvement contractor, get tips from the New York State Attorney General's website.
Just for contractors
We have program information and materials just for plumbing and heating contractors.