Questions To Ask Suppliers
Before you choose to purchase your energy supply from NYSEG or a supplier other than NYSEG (also known as an energy services company or ESCO), consider suppliers’ answers to the questions below. With any supplier you choose, NYSEG will continue to deliver your energy safely and reliably.
- What is your charge per kilowatt-hour or therm for energy supply?
- Is this a fixed charge or does it vary depending on: market price, time-of-day, season or use?
- What is the length of the agreement or contract?
- Is there a security deposit, cancellation fee or other fees?
- Can I switch at any time?
- Do you have any incentives if I switch?
- Will I save money if I switch and do you guarantee savings?
- When will I be billed for energy supply and are your charges included in my NYSEG delivery bill?
- If I have questions about your charges, how do I contact you?
- What procedures are in place if I have a question or a complaint with you as my supplier?
Did You Know?
Some suppliers offer a fixed or variable price for electricity supply. A fixed price may not guarantee savings on your energy bill.
Quick Links to Supply Choice Resources:
- If I have an ESCO provide my electricity supply, whom do I call if I have problems with electricity service?
- What is a supplier other than NYSEG, an energy services company or an ESCO?
- I would like to purchase my electricity supply at a fixed price. How do I do so?
- What options do I have to purchase my electricity supply?
- What if I change my mind about my electricity supplier pricing option?