COVID-19 and Our Response
Your safety and the safety of our communities is our priority. As the situation surrounding the coronavirus continues to evolve, we are taking extra measures to ensure the ongoing safety of our customers and employees while delivering safe, reliable service to you.
Help With Bills
- Please call us if you would like to discuss your account and manage your payments.
- You may qualify for assistance. Please visit our Help With Bill page or call 888.315.1755 to learn more.
- HEAP and Emergency HEAP are currently open; however, both programs are scheduled to close April 29, or until funding is exhausted, whichever occurs first.
- Project SHARE Heating Fund. Your donation helps income-eligible customers with energy emergencies. Active duty military personnel and well-discharged veterans with an active disconnect notice may qualify for help regardless of income. Thank you!
- Emergency Rental Assistance Program - New York has $2.7 billion in rent relief funds from the federal Emergency Rental Assistance Program. This program provides rental and utility relief payments to help eligible renters maintain housing stability. Visit otda.ny.gov/programs/Emergency-Rental-Assistance/ or call 844-NY1RENT (844.691.7368) to learn more and see if you qualify.
Online Account Management Tools
Try our convenient digital tools:
Maintaining Safe and Reliable Service for You
For your safety, please note the following service adjustments:
- Service visits: As we resume previously suspended work that requires entry into customer homes, we continue to take precautions for your safety and ours. We will continue to practice physical social distancing in our interactions, wear appropriate personal protective equipment as necessary and confirm if anyone in your household is sick, experiencing symptoms or tested positive for COVID-19 so that we can reschedule or take appropriate measures as needed.
- Pay in Person: We are temporarily closing our walk-in offices until further notice. We encourage you to pay online. If you must pay in person, please confirm whether the locations are open before traveling.
- Energy Efficiency Programs: Energy Efficiency programs have resumed after temporary suspensions due to COVID-19. Prior to resuming program activities, our program partners are required to review and adhere to all New York State Safe Return to Work guidelines. Visit our Smart Energy page for more information on programs that can help you save money and energy.
- Scam Alert: We have recently received reports of scammers attempting to take advantage of the current public health crisis. We urge customers to be on the alert. Learn more about how to protect yourself from scams.
- Report coronavirus fraud and get more info at justice.gov/coronavirus
Food Bank of Central New York
Counties Served: Cayuga, Chenango, Cortland, Herkimer, Jefferson, Onondaga, Oneida, Madison, Lewis, and Cortland
Food Bank of the Southern Tier
Counties Served: Broome, Chemung, Schuyler, Steuben, Tioga, and Tompkins
Counties Served: Allegany, Genesee, Livingston, Monroe, Ontario, Orleans, Seneca, Wayne, Wyoming, and Yates
Regional Food Bank of Northeastern New York
Direct customers to the Find Food tab
Counties Served: Albany, Clinton, Columbia, Delaware, Dutchess, Essex, Franklin, Fulton, Greene, Hamilton, Montgomery, Orange, Otsego, Putnam, Rensselaer, Rockland, Saratoga, Schoharie, Schenectady, Sullivan, Ulster, Warren, and Washington