With Budget Billing, there are no surprises. You can spread your energy costs evenly over 12 months and know what your bill will be in advance!
When you sign up, we'll calculate your yearly bill based on last year's electricity and/or natural gas use. We'll divide your yearly bill into 12 equal payments and send you a bill every month.
- We will routinely review your account and, if necessary, we will adjust your monthly payment according to recent usage and energy prices.
- Each bill you receive will show a Budget Billing Summary, which displays your plan end month, current month’s installment, actual charges since you started your budget year, budget amounts billed thus far and the difference between your actual charges and the budget amount billed.
- At the end of each Budget Billing year, your account will be reviewed once more. You may have a final “clean-up” payment that is larger than your usual monthly payment or your final payment may include a credit and be smaller than usual.
- After balancing your account in the 12th month, your account is automatically re-enrolled; we recalculate your monthly installment and your Budget Billing year starts again.
- You’ll be able to track your payments versus energy use in the Budget Billing Summary we include on your bill each month.
- The best thing about Budget Billing is that you can anticipate your monthly payment.
Ready to enroll? Already enrolled but want to make changes?
Log into your account or call our self-service line at 800.600.2275 and press option #2 for Billing and Payments to enroll, increase your installment amount, or remove your account from Budget Billing It's easy, convenient and available 24/7, even when we're not open!.
View our Budget Billing information sheet.
- How does online billing work? How do I enroll?
- When can I view my NYSEG bill online?
- Is online billing secure?
- Will I still receive a paper bill if I enroll in NYSEG's eBill service or another online billing service?
- If the NYSEG account is not in my name, can I still enroll the account in NYSEG's eBill service or with another online biller?