In The Environment
We conduct our business and facility operations in a manner that minimizes adverse environmental impacts on present and future generations. One of our goals is to reduce the amount of Carbon Dioxide (CO2) released into the atmosphere as a result of generating electricity. You can help us with this goal by participating in our New Wind program.
We provide environmental information regarding the electricity supply purchased on your behalf.
The following principles and actions provide a framework for our environmental stewardship and sustainable business practices:
- Design an Environmental Management System that enables us to systematically plan, implement and continuously improve the processes and actions we take to meet our business and environmental goals
- Comply with all applicable requirements of environmental laws, regulations, permit requirements and company policies applicable to our operations
- Incorporate environmental impact considerations into decision-making processes concerning existing and future operations
- Support the conservation of energy and natural resources through strategic planning, efficient operating practices, technology and consumer education
- Minimize waste through recycling and other means, and properly manage any waste that is created
- Support and implement actions designed to reduce greenhouse gas emissions and counteract global climate change
- Foster a culture where employees have the encouragement, training, knowledge and resources necessary to perform their job in a manner consistent with this policy
- Participate in the development of standards and guidelines in support of environmental stewardship
- Communicate and demonstrate our commitment to sound environmental policies and practices
- Support others who share our commitment to environmental stewardship and sustainable development
Implementation of this policy is the responsibility of all our employees.