This section of our website is dedicated to supporting distributed generation projects within the NYSEG service area. Whether you are a customer considering distributed generation or an experienced contractor, we can help you learn more about distributed generation and guide you through the application process.
What is Distributed Generation?
Distributed generation is generally a small electrical production facility that provides electricity to a home or business, with excess electricity sold to a utility. These production facilities can generate electricity from a variety of energy sources, including wind, farm waste, water or sunlight.
NYSEG customers can receive permission to connect their energy source to the NYSEG electrical system and sell excess generation to NYSEG. To do so, customers, or their contractors, need to complete an application and follow a series of steps to ensure their system conforms to NYSEG standards and is safely connected.
Application for interconnection of distributed generation can be submitted via our online portal. Once you have submitted an application, you can view your application status online through a secure login ID and password.
Would you like to generate your own electricity?
Whether this is your first project or you are a seasoned professional, we can help you get connected!
We've included the information needed to set up either a small or large distributed generation project at your home or business location.
In the Spotlight
- Our 2020 Distributed System Implementation Plan presents our strategy to integrate distributed energy resources into the New York grid. View our plan and its appendices to learn more.
- Distributed Interconnection Guide Map
- Securely login to view Community Distributed Generation Opportunity Zone Map
- Community Distributed Generation procedural requirements and Application Package Checklist
- CDG Host Allocation Review and Approval Guidance Document
- Remote Net Metering application form
- View our pricing and tariff
- New York State PSC's Distributed Generation website
- NYSERDA assistance for "green" energy at powernaturally.org
- New York State Standardized Acknowledgment of Property Owner Consent Form
- NYSEG Interconnection Project Queue
- Tranche MW Update
- Historical Hourly System Load Data
- Average Rates 2014-2016
- How to Use the Interconnection Online Application Portal
- 2018 Marginal Cost Study Update
- 25 Percent Construction Payment Task List