COVID-19 and Our Response
We are prepared and will continue to provide safe and reliable service
Your safety and the safety of our communities is our priority. As the situation surrounding the coronavirus continues to evolve, we are taking extra measures to ensure the ongoing safety of our customers and employees. And, we are implementing our plans to provide safe, reliable service to you.
NYSEG and RG&E, AVANGRID companies, announced they are donating approximately 17,700 protective masks to assist health care workers across the state amid a shortage of protective gear for medical personnel fighting the coronavirus pandemic.
If you are experiencing a life-threatening electricity emergency, please call 911 immediately. Otherwise, please contact us at 800.572.1131 for electricity outages or trouble or use our online form.
Natural Gas Emergency
If you are experiencing a natural gas emergency, or if you smell a natural gas odor, get up, get out and get away! Then immediately call us at 800.572.1121 or 911 from a safe location.
Maintaining Safe and Reliable Service for You
- Our Comprehensive Emergency Response Plan has been activated - We are committed to maintaining your service.
- Service connections – We have implemented additional safety practices for our crews and will continue to turn on or off your service if you need to move.
Online Account Management Tools
We strongly encourage you to use our digital tools:
- Download the mobile app at the App Store and Google Play to view and pay your bill, report an outage and submit a meter reading.
- Call our self-service number 800.600.2275 anytime 24/7 to enter a meter reading, pay your bill, check your account balance and more.
- Use our website to pay your bill, report outages, start new service, submit a meter reading and more.
- Make a one-time e-payment or credit card payment online at your convenience. You may also enroll in eBill to continue receiving and paying your bill online.
- Email your non-urgent requests to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Help With Bills
- We have suspended late payment charges.
- We have suspended all disconnections for non-payment.
- We have suspended required security deposits for new accounts.
- Please call us if you would like to discuss your account and manage your payments.
- You may qualify for assistance. Please visit our Help With Bill page or call 888.315.1755 to learn more.
- Service visits: We have suspended all non-essential work that would require entry into customer homes.
- Pay in Person: We are temporarily closing our walk-in offices until further notice. We encourage you to pay online. If you must pay in person, please confirm whether locations are open before traveling.
- Scam Alert: We have recently received reports of scammers attempting to exploit the current public health crisis. We urge customers to be on the alert.
- Energy Efficiency Programs: We have temporarily paused all energy efficiency programs requiring a visit to your home or business.
- Indoor Gas Meter Safety Inspections: We are temporarily suspending our indoor natural gas meter inspections that require an in-person visit to your home or business.
Report coronavirus fraud and get more info at www.justice.gov/coronavirus.