Report Streetlight Outage

If there’s a streetlight out in your neighborhood, please report it to us by completing and submitting the form below. It’s important you provide the:

  • location of the streetlight,
  • nearest cross street, and
  • pole number - usually located on a metal strip attached to the pole; not all poles may have this metal strip.

If you are reporting more than one streetlight outage, please complete and submit a separate form for each streetlight outage.

If there is a streetlight out within the following municipalities, please use the contact information below to report an outage.

City, County, Town or Village Email or Website Phone Number
Town of Bedford: Highway Department   914.666.7669
Town of Bethel  
City of Binghamton: Public Works Department 607.772.7020
Town of Caroline 607.539.7610
Village of Cayuga Heights: Village Police Department   607.257.1011
Town of Clifton Park   888.286.6565
Village of Clyde Contact the village to report an outage  
Village of Dryden Contact the village to report an outage  
City of Elmira: City Work Center  
Town of Fallsburg: Police Department   845.434.4422
Village of Freeville
Contact the village to report an outage

City of Geneva: Public Works Department 315.789.3101
Town of Hartwick Contact the town to report an outage  
Village of Horseheads 607.739.5691, extension 7 (from 8 4 pm) or 607.795.5691 (after 7 pm)
City of Ithaca: DPW City of Ithaca online form 607.274.6527
Town of Lancaster Town of Lancaster online form 716.683.1610
Village of Lancaster Village of Lancaster online form 716.683.1028
Village of Newark 315.331.4770 choose "0" for Operator, or 315.331.3701 
Village of Newark Valley: DPW 607.642.8700
City of Oneonta: DPW 607.432.2100 or 24-hour call 607.432.1113
Town of Owego 607.972.6077
Village of Owego: DPW 607.687.1101
Town of Plattsburgh: Building Maintenance Department   518.562.6863
Town of Thompson Michael Messenger at  
Village of Trumansburg
Town of Tusten: Highway Department and 845.252.7500
Town of Union 607.786.2950
Village of Union Springs Contact the village to report an outage  
Town of West Seneca: Electrical Department 716.558.3227 (from 7 am to 3:30 pm)

NYSEG does not own or maintain the streetlights within these municipalities.

To report a non-streetlight power outage for your home or business, please use our online form.

To report a streetlight outage, please complete and submit the form below.

* Required

Contact Information Streetlight Information

Is the Light on a Public Street?

If no, please select one of the following locations and enter the name of the business or homeowners association

Streetlight Problem

The Light is:

Is the streetlight part of a traffic signal pole

Streetlight Type

Please select the type of light, if known:

Check box below


  • How does NYSEG restore power?  
  • What should I do to prepare for a storm?  
  • How do I report an outage?  
  • How do I find out when my power will be restored?  
  • Do you offer storm assistance?