COVID-19 and Our Response
We are prepared and will continue to provide safe and reliable service
Your safety and the safety of our communities is our priority. As the situation surrounding the coronavirus continues to evolve, we are taking extra measures to ensure the ongoing safety of our customers and employees. And, we are implementing our plans to provide safe, reliable service to you.
NYSEG, in partnership with the Avangrid Foundation, recently announced an additional donation of $175,000 to emergency response organizations across its service area to support their ongoing COVID-19 response and recovery efforts. The funds will be distributed to various community relief funds and food resource organizations and programs
If you are experiencing a life-threatening electricity emergency, please call 911 immediately. Otherwise, please contact us at 800.572.1131 for electricity outages or trouble or use our online form.
Natural Gas Emergency
If you are experiencing a natural gas emergency, or if you smell a natural gas odor, get up, get out and get away! Then immediately call us at 800.572.1121 or 911 from a safe location.
Maintaining Safe and Reliable Service for You
- Our Comprehensive Emergency Response Plan has been activated - We are committed to maintaining your service.
- Service connections – We have implemented additional safety practices for our crews and will continue to turn on or off your service if you need to move.
Online Account Management Tools
We strongly encourage you to use our digital tools:
Help With Bills
- We have suspended late payment charges.
- We have suspended all disconnections for non-payment.
- We have suspended required security deposits for new accounts.
- Please call us if you would like to discuss your account and manage your payments.
- You may qualify for assistance. Please visit our Help With Bill page or call 888.315.1755 to learn more.
- HEAP and Emergency HEAP have been extended to remain open until June 30, or when funds are exhausted, whichever comes first. Additionally, effective April 24, 2020, a third Emergency HEAP benefit is available to eligible households experiencing a crisis or life-threatening heat or heat-related energy emergency.
- Project SHARE Heating Fund. Your donation helps income-eligible customers with energy emergencies. Active duty military personnel and well-discharged veterans with an active disconnect notice may qualify for help regardless of income.
- Service visits: We have suspended all non-essential work that would require entry into customer homes.
- Pay in Person: We are temporarily closing our walk-in offices until further notice. We encourage you to pay online. If you must pay in person, please confirm whether locations are open before traveling.
- Energy Efficiency Programs: Energy Efficiency program activities are in the process of being resumed after temporary suspensions due to COVID-19. Prior to resuming program activities, our program implementers are required to review and adhere to all New York State Safe Return to Work guidelines. Visit our Smart Energy page and click on specific programs for more information.
- Indoor Gas Meter Safety Inspections: We are temporarily suspending our indoor natural gas meter inspections that require an in-person visit to your home or business.
- Scam Alert: We have recently received reports of scammers attempting to take advantage of the current public health crisis. We urge customers to be on the alert.
Learn more about how to protect yourself from scams.
Report coronavirus fraud and get more info at www.justice.gov/coronavirus.
Food Bank of Central New York
Counties Served: Cayuga, Chenango, Cortland, Herkimer, Jefferson, Onondaga, Oneida, Madison, Lewis, Cortland
Counties Served: Allegany, Genesee, Livingston, Monroe, Ontario, Orleans, Seneca, Wayne, Wyoming, Yates
Regional Foodbank of Northeastern New York
Direct customers to the Find Food tab
Counties Served: Albany, Clinton, Columbia, Delaware, Dutchess, Essex, Franklin, Fulton, Greene, Hamilton, Montgomery, Orange, Otsego, Putnam, Rensselaer, Rockland, Saratoga, Schoharie, Schenectady, Sullivan, Ulster, Warren, Washington