Trade Ally Residential Rebates
In light of the COVID-19 outbreak and recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control and New York State, we are temporarily suspending program activities that require an in-person visit to our customers' homes. This pause in the home inspection site visits as part of our installation verification is effective through April 17. For questions regarding this program suspension, please call our energy efficiency hotline at 800.995.9525. As updates occur, they will be posted here and on our COVID-19 Pandemic Update web page.
Trade Ally Information
The information here is for trade allies - plumbing and heating contractors - regarding our residential rebate program.
The purpose of our rebate program is to encourage customers to purchase and install higher efficiency equipment, thereby reducing overall energy consumption and encouraging wise energy use. Residential customers can see program information.
WHAT WE OFFER
We are offering rebates to residential natural gas and electricity customers who install qualifying natural gas heating and related control equipment. This program is also available to eligible customers who build a new home and install eligible equipment.
View the list of qualifying equipment and available rebates.
We offer a $75 rebate on Wi-Fi thermostats that control natural gas heating and/or air conditioning systems. Also, Wi-Fi thermostats can be either contractor-installed or self-installed, and do not have to be installed in conjunction with a furnace or boiler installation.
- To learn more about the residential rebate program, review the frequently asked questions for customers and frequently asked questions for trade allies.
- Need some help with water heater eligibility? View our water heater matrix. Indirect natural gas water heaters must currently be in production and must be well-insulated. Tank type (storage) and tankless natural gas water heaters must be ENERGY STAR approved and installed on or after July 1, 2014 to qualify for rebates.
Program Closure When Funds Are Exhausted. This rebate program will close once all incentive funds for the program have been exhausted. A program closure announcement will be published on our residential rebate program information page.
To be eligible for rebates, natural gas furnaces and boilers must be Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI) or ENERGY STAR approved. To determine if your equipment qualifies, visit the ENERGY STAR website. Tank type (storage) and tankless natural gas water heaters must be ENERGY STAR approved and installed on or after July 1, 2014 to qualify for rebates. Furnace tune-up rebates are for existing natural gas furnaces only, limited to one rebate every five years, effective January 1, 2016.
- Heat Loss Load Calculation: Since properly sized heating equipment operates more efficiently and results in greater occupant comfort, you are strongly encouraged to perform a proper building heat loss calculation and to size the new heating equipment accordingly.
Natural gas furnaces must meet the following criteria to qualify for the incremental “Natural Gas Furnace with ECM” rebate:
- Meets AFUE rating
- Is certified in the AHRI directory and includes a footnote indicating “ECM MOTOR 'e' Electrically Efficient Furnace” or
- Manufacturer’s spec sheet specifically states that the natural gas furnace includes an ECM. Including this spec sheet with rebate applications should facilitate rebate processing.
In the event that applications are processed and incremental ECM rebates amounts are denied, the customer may appeal the rebate administrator’s determination by providing a copy of the manufacturer’s spec sheet that demonstrates existence of an ECM built into the natural gas furnace in question. Final determination is the responsibility of the rebate administrator.